Monday, December 21, 2015

Why I Support Bernie Sanders

The 2016 field is crowded. Most people are ignoring it, and understandably as it is not even the year of the election!

However, I am paying a lot of attention. I have already set my sites on an unlikely contender, Senator Bernard Sanders from Vermont, who was the longest serving Independent in congressional history until this year when he became a Democrat.

Bernie Sanders is the best candidate. So why him? Why not any other candidates? Why does it even matter whom I support if I can't even vote?

I am going to be part of the future workforce. I will have to work and make money in the future America. Whoever gets elected in 2016 will directly have an impact on my career when I join the workforce.

Bernie Sanders fights for that. He fights for a higher minimum wage. He fights for less income inequality. He wants healthcare for all and once the hardworking workers retire, he wants them to be able to sustain themselves with Social Security.

Its not just about me, either. He wants our prison systems to focus on rehabilitation, not punishment - a point which I heavily agree with. This is just beginning to scratch the surface off his ideas.

I want to live in a world as an adult better off than previous generations that come before me. Which is why I am supporting Bernie Sanders for President in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment